Granny Riddleton wears a witch's hat, a blouse, and a skirt. This outfit varies in color (but remains the same style) in each game.
Granny Riddleton is a very eccentric but kind lady. She is extremely beautiful and clairvoyant.
In Last Specter, Emmy goes into her shack alone, while Layton and Luke are still outside. Soon, Granny Riddleton appears and tells Emmy that she is going on holiday to the seaside, so her cat, Keats, will take her place as puzzle keeper for the time being. She suddenly leaves, and Layton and Luke come in, but Emmy only says that Keats would help them, and nothing about Granny Riddleton.
In Miracle Mask, Granny Riddleton is the puzzle keeper herself. She wears a butterfly-shaped mask in order to keep herself hidden from the professor, Luke and Emmy. She can be seen in the ending credits sweeping up after Randall's haircut.
In Curious Village, Granny Riddleton can be found in a building with the puzzle shack in St. Mystere's village square. To the professor and Luke, this is their first meeting with her.
In Diabolical Box, Granny Riddleton, at first, can be found with the puzzle shack in one of the cabins aboard the Molentary Express. At the first stop in Dropstone, she comes outside in the village plaza. When the player comes to the final location of the game, Folsense, she leaves the train permanently and sets up the puzzle shack just south of Ilyana's cabaret.
In Unwound Future, Granny Riddleton retires from the puzzle keeping busines, and leaves Beasly in charge at his flower at the abandoned shop on future Midland Road. Later in the game, however, he is swatted by Puzzlette in the Chinatown shop, and she takes over.
In London Life, Granny Riddleton stays in her hut throughout the entire game. Sometimes Puzzlette is there, and other times, she is on Maclane Street. When the player talks to Granny Riddleton, she says there is no puzzles there, which is the only time she's said it throughout the entire series.
Due to the fact it is impossible to miss puzzles in Mystery Journey, she is a regular character.
- Granny Riddleton's clothes have a different color in each game.
- It is revealed in the British version of Miracle Mask that her first name is Elizabeth. This was changed for the American version to "Nana Grams." However in the American version of Azran Legacy when Emmy first encounters her she says "I know you ~ you're Elizabeth-"
- As her name is Elizabeth and she calls herself the queen of puzzles, it is likely that she is a reference to Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (where the series is set).
- In Professor Layton's London Life, Granny Riddleton wears the same outfit she does in Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.
- In her Profile biography in Curious Village states that she is a robot built by Bruno, yet she appears in the other games including the prequel trilogy (which would be impossible if she was a robot, as Bruno didn't let them out of town.) Its possible this means she just takes after him in mannerisms.
- She is the only character besides Professor Layton and Luke that appears in both trilogies and the movie.
She sports a fairy godmother-like style and is further proof of Bruno's bizarre sense of humor.
She's never without her trademark hat and tiny shack, where she keeps the lost puzzles.
The elusive lady now pops up in the most unexpected places.
Granny Riddleton is an odd puzzle savant indeed. Rumor has it that she can store puzzles, but she has gone on vacation and left the puzzle tasks to her cat, Keats!
A mysterious old lady who claims to be both beautiful and clairvoyant, Granny Riddeton always turns up in the most unexpected places. She also has the power to summon puzzles from all over the world. She is currently engaged in a relentless journey of self-improvement.
|Characters in Professor Layton and the Curious Village|
|Professor Layton and the Eternal DivaCharacters in|
|Professor Layton and the Miracle MaskCharacters in|